Invisalign is Oakmont, PA’s Clear Alternative to Braces
Dentist in Oakmont, PA
To some, wearing bracket-and-wire braces carries the same embarrassment factor as living with crooked teeth. Fortunately, there are Invisalign® clear aligners, the clear alternative to braces. Since Invisalign is crafted from a clear thermoplastic, most will never suspect that you’re wearing an orthodontic device. Plus, Invisalign aligners can be removed at any time, giving you the freedom to enjoy all your favorite foods and brush your teeth without braces getting in the way.
Love your smile as you improve your smile. Contact Connections Dental for an Invisalign® consultation today!
Benefits of Invisalign® Clear Aligners
Invisalign® clear aligners have many benefits that go beyond mere appearances. Some of the things patients love most about their clear aligners include:
• The convenience. With conventional braces, you’re stuck with all those brackets, wires, and bands for months (or years). Traditional braces can complicate your speech and make it difficult to maintain your oral health. Clear aligners solve these problems.
• Comfort. Wire and metal brackets can chafe the inner lining of the mouth. Invisalign® aligners are completely smooth and will not cause abrasions on your cheeks or lips.
• Eat what you want. With Invisalign clear aligners you can eat all your favorite foods. Simply remove your clear aligners, place them in the protective case, and enjoy a meal or a snack.
• Smile with confidence. Since Invisalign clear aligners are practically transparent, only you, your Oakmont dentist, and those closest to you will know you’re undergoing orthodontic treatments.
• Easy to clean. Invisalign clear liners are easy to keep clean and maintain. Simply rinse your clear liners after each use. Every two days, scrub them using your toothbrush and a cleaning solution recommended by your Oakmont dentist. That’s it!
How Invisalign® Treatments Work
Invisalign® treatment is fairly straightforward. Invisalign helps you achieve a straighter, healthier, and more attractive smile by using a series of clear aligner trays. With each successive aligner your teeth will be gradually nudged into their correct positions.
To maximize your results, be sure to wear your clear liners for at least 23 hours per day, only removing them to eat and brush your teeth.
Conditions Treated by Invisalign®
Invisalign® clear aligners can be used to treat minor to moderate orthodontic issues. Invisalign is successfully used to treat conditions such as:
• General malocclusion (misaligned teeth)
• Prognathism (underbite)
• Open-bite malocclusion
• Crossbite malocclusion
• Diastema (gapped teeth)
Those with severe orthodontic misalignments or bite issues may experience better results with traditional braces. Only through a professional consultation can you learn whether Invisalign clear aligners are right for you.
What is the Treatment Duration for Invisalign?
Just like with traditional braces, the treatment schedule can vary based on the severity of your condition.